(1) If you carry a gun you have no right to self-defense against an unarmed man, even if that person is trying to grab your gun. You have to take your chances that he won’t successfully grab it and use it to kill you.
(2) A bigger gun always beats a smaller gun, and so if someone points a gun at your head that’s smaller than your gun, you have no right to shoot in self-defense.
(3) The best thing to do in a gunfight is to put your weapon on the ground and put your hands up to show how friendly you are.
(5) Guns are useless as defensive weapons for the aforementioned reasons, but probably the best use of a gun is to point it at the jury with your finger on the trigger. That way they know from personal experience how very scary guns are.
(6) Lie about anything and everything. That way you can hope there are some jurors (or many jurors, or all jurors) who forget what the judge stated as the law, or who already hate the defendant and are just looking for any excuse, however flimsy, to find him guilty.
I spend a great deal of time, gentle readers, reading. I read because I enjoy reading, because I find inspiration there, and because as I’ve gotten older, I’ve become just barely wise enough to realize how very, very much I don’t know and will never learn. I do, however, do what I can to try […]
Abstract: It has become very popular by those arguing for the Second Amendment is simply an obsolete antiquity to claim that the Second Amendment’s original purpose was the preservation of slavery. This article examines the evidence used to justify this claim and finds the evidence wanting. Debates and other texts of the time show a consistent explanation by both Federalists and Antifederalists for a right to keep and bear arms, and one not designed to prevent insurrection, but to make it possible.
The recent string of multiple-victim incidents of gun violence and police shootings of black Americans has once again resulted in renewed calls for restrictions on gun ownership. President Biden has said that executive instructions to various branches of the Federal government will attempt to reduce the frequency and possibility of such violence.
A Michigan-based ammunition shop is refusing to sell to any customer who voted for President Joe Biden in the 2020 election. ” We’ve had a few potential customers call this morning to ask why they have to check a box stating they did not vote for Joe Biden in order to purchase our ammunition,” Fenix Ammunition tweeted yesterday morning.
So which is it when private companies get political—a brave and respectable act, or something that should be totally disallowed and result in anyone who tries it getting destroyed?
Neither can Leftists. If the rule is, “private businesses can refuse to do business because they don’t feel like it”, they should not be too surprised when conservatives decide to play by the same rule.
Anyone reading this blog knows that I am a strong proponent of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, among other things for the defense of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. In particular, when it comes to liberty, as, in the final extreme, as a defense against government tyranny. I have also written, […]
Last week’s installment of this updated series asked a fundamental question: Do human beings have an unalienable right to self-defense? There is no question the founding fathers of our constitutional, representative republic—we are not a democracy, thank God–believed they do–they must–and they acknowledged–not created–that unalienable, individual right in the Second Amendment. This was finally–in 2008 and 2010 […]
THIS H.L. MENCKEN ESSAY ON GUN CONTROL FROM 1925 is still gold. The new law that it advocated, indeed, is one of the most absurd specimens of jackass legislation ever heard of, even in this paradise of legislative donkeyism. Its single and sole effect would be to exaggerate enormously all of the evils it proposes to put down.
Kyle Rittenhouse, the young defender of lives and property during the Kenosha riots, who shot three mob members who unprovokedly attacked him as he ran from them, was released on bail from Kenosha County Jail, on Friday, 20 November, 2020.