Did a catering gig over the weekend and one of the people was not a meat eater. I usually put out a sandwich bar, with assorted meats, cheeses, sliced veggies, and condiments. For those who don’t eat meat, the cheese would be an adequate source of protein, and sometimes I add a nut butter. Egg salad was a reasonable choice, and people came up to me to compliment this one for its clean flavors. So, I keep the recipe.
Avocado Egg Salad
- 8 Eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 tbsp avocado (or mild guacamole)
- 1/4 cup Onion, red
- 1/4 cup Vinegar, apple cider
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Separate eggs, placing yolks in a small bowl.
- Mash yolks with avocado or guacamole.
- Finely chop red onion and steep for a minute or two in vinegar. Drain.
- Finely chop egg whites. Mix with red onion, mayonnaise, and yolk mixture.