How many times have you heard the carefully worded claims from media “experts” about how immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than citizens? If you follow the news at all closely I’m guessing it’s been fairly often. Of course, the careful wording is required so they don’t have to invoke the phrase “illegal immigrants” (i.e. illegal aliens) and ruin their narrative.
I’ll not spend any real time on the arrest and prosecution of Roger Stone. Stone, as I’m sure you know by now gentle readers, is an old friend of Donald Trump who apparently served, briefly as an informal advisor during the 2016 presidential campaign. What this likely means is his relationship with Mr. Trump allowed him to occasionally offer advice, which Mr. Trump, being polite, may or may not have heeded. I’ve seen no evidence to suggest their relationship during the campaign was more involved than that.
View original post 1,565 more words
This came up on Facebook tonight:
“Majority of fatal attacks on U.S. soil carried out by white supremacists, not terrorists” The link is to a Washington Times piece.
Well, I can post links too.
POSTED ON APRIL 14, 2009 BY JOHN HINDERAKER
Only because there are people who still take the SPLC seriously…
TYLER O’NEIL: Exposing the SPLC’s False ‘Anti-Muslim’ Smears Against the Trump Administration.
As long as people are combing through everything President Trump says, writes, or tweets for anything that can be called a “lie”, here’s a list of President Obama’s “lies”. (Hey… Sauce, goose, gander. Right?)
“The Lid” compiled this list, and makes no claim as to it being a complete list. (See linked post for the complete list, details for each claim, and links to sources.)
Some of the things on this list are major events that should scare the daylights out of any true libetarian or any one else who cares about civil liberties.
Other things on this list are medium things that some Obama supporters may dislike but would be willing to overlook in light of the things that Obama has done which they like.
And some of the things on this list may seem trivial, but they are still are an interesting reflection of how Obama ran his Administration.
Every claim made in this list is sourced.
1) Carried out military interventionism in Libya without Congressional approval
2) Gave a no-bid contract to Halliburton cronies – just like Bush did
3) Has an administration full of lobbyists, after promising he wouldn’t have any
4) Has close ties to Wall St., but pretends to support Occupy Wall St.
5) Broke his promise to close Guantanamo Bay
6) Supported the $700 billion TARP corporate-welfare bailout just like Bush
7) Waged the biggest war against medical marijuana of any president, which was the opposite of what he had promised
8) Nominated a six-time tax cheater to head the government agency that enforces the tax laws
9) Gave tax dollars to AIG executives, then pretended to be outraged about it
10) Expanded Bush’s unconstitutional government faith based programs
11) Supported Bush’s “unconstitutional” Patriot Act
12) Increased the national debt more in one term than Bush did in two
13) Agrees with Bush’s support of unconstitutional, indefinite detention of U.S. citizens without filing any charges
14) Agrees with Bush’s support of unconstitutional, warrantless wiretapping
15) Avoided prosecution of Wall. St criminals
16) Had four U.S. citizens killed without judicial process
17) Ordered private company to fire 1,000 employees
18) Stole money from retired teachers and police officers
19) Supported release of convicted mass murderer
20) Illegally put thousands of guns into hands of criminals
21) Fired Inspector General for discovering that Obama’s friend had embezzled government funds
22) Lied about putting health care negotiations on C-SPAN
23) Lied about letting people keep their health insurance
24) Lied about the cost of Obamacare
25) Gave tax dollars to campaign contributors and lobbyists, and falsely claimed the money was for “green energy”
26) Had “off the record” meetings with lobbyists
27) Falsely claimed to believe in public education
28) Had armed SWAT agents raid a law-abiding guitar factory because it was owned by a Republican
29) Shut down Amish farm
30) Rewarded his fundraisers by giving them federal jobs
31) Ignored constitutional requirements for appointees
32) Gave tax dollars to corrupt private contractors to build 504 units of mice infested, slum housing, with backed up sewage
33) Used tax dollars to glorify murderers
34) Falsely claimed that the U.S. Supreme Court had never overturned any laws that had been passed by Congress
35) Supported new bailouts for speculators who caused housing bubble
36) Spent $205,075 of taxpayer money on a shrubbery which nurseries sell for $16
37) Spent taxpayer money to see if using cocaine helped rats to enjoy the music of Miles Davis
38) Tried to outlaw family farms
39) Auctioned off ambassadorship to the Netherlands
40) Claimed that written tests are a form of “racial discrimination”
41) Made the TSA even more abusive and ridiculous than it had been under Bush
42) Illegally demanded monetary payment for Freedom of Information Act request
43) Fined public school $15,000 for selling soda
44) Conducted dangerous and illegal scientific experiments on sick people without always informing them of the risks
45) Closed the Vietnam Memorial for seven hours on Memorial Day so he could have his picture taken
46) Had the government take 60.8% ownership of General Motors
47) Forced banks to give mortgages to people who could not afford to pay them back, and collected $23,000 in legal fees for himself for doing so
48) Stole money from retired Delphi employees
49) Used taxpayer money to buy soda for $3.40 per can
50) Paid $7 million per household to connect people to the internet
51) Had a double standard for Bain Capital
52) Broke promise to teen campaign volunteers
53) Falsely claimed to know more about Judaism than any other President
54) Exempted wind farms from the penalties that other companies get for killing birds
55) Falsely claimed that he had never belonged to the New Party
56) Supported punishing students based on their race instead of on their behavior
57) Used “off the books” funding for military interventionism
58) Tried to silence criticism of auto-bailouts
59) Dismissed charges of voter intimidation, despite video evidence
60) Falsely claimed to support the second amendment
61) Nominated a communist who said 9-11 was an inside job
62) Falsely said he would not raise taxes on the poor and middle class
63) Falsely said he wanted to simplify the tax code, when he actually wanted to make it more complex
64) Oversaw some of the world’s worst increases in corruption
65) Falsely said “This is the most transparent administration in history”
66) Falsely claimed he would wait five days before signing bills
67) Falsely claimed “stimulus” spending would be transparent
68) Announced plans to send the the military to Australia
69) Falsely promised to accept public campaign financing and spending limits
70) Tried to silence video on YouTube
71) Rejected international help to clean up BP oil spill
72) Falsely said he opposed government waste when he actually supported it
73) Nominated past frequent user of illegal drugs to keep illegal drugs out of schools
74) Avoids firing aides who owe back taxes
75) Used Abbott and Costello style economics as a basis for national policy
76) Sent U.S. troops to Africa
77) Made secret plans for his second term
78) Holds double standard for people who use crude and vulgar language toward women
79) Illegally gave Obamacare exemptions to unions that supported the passage of Obamacare
80) Defended Bush administration’s unconstitutional, unwarranted use of GPS device
81) Opposes newspapers reporting the news
82) Supported Bush administration for fining CBS for showing Janet Jackson’s breast
83) Allowed campaign contributors to bring lobbyists into White House
84) Falsely said that criminal background checks constituted “racial discrimination”
85) Was cited by nine states for committing 21 illegal acts
86) Tried to seize hotel because some of its customers had used illegal drugs
87) Falsely said his campaign was not funded by large donors
88) Holds double standard for subsidizing solar power companies
89) Tried to create an administration full of tax cheaters
90) Hired a Communications Director who admires a mass murderer
91) Tried to replace science with political correctness
92) Made recess appointments when Congress was not in recess
93) Said the health insurance mandate was not a tax, but later told the Supreme Court that it was
94 ) Lied about being his “brother’s keeper”
95) Punishes hospitals for saving the lives of patients with heart disease
96) Supports guns for himself and his wife, but opposes them for everyone else
97) Falsely claimed that he “cut spending by over a trillion dollars in 2011″
98) Practices environmental hypocrisy
99) Pressured public schools to replace Catcher in the Rye with a book on window insulation
100) Approved giving 20 F-16 fighter jets to a Sharia dictatorship
960) Illegally seized $33,000 from law abiding restaurant owner Carole Hinders
961) “Ecuador Family Wins Favors After Donations to Democrats”
962) During Obama’s first six years as President, new rules issued by the EPA contained 43 times as many words as the Gutenberg Bible
963) For four years after a new NASA rocket program was cancelled, Obama continued construction of a $349 million test facility that had been started by President Bush
964) Hired a convicted thief to work at HUD, who then went on to steal more than $800,000 of taxpayers’ money
965) Spent $33,341 to find out if gay and lesbian couples lived near stores that sold cigarettes
966) Allowed his friend Al Sharpton to avoid being prosecuted for long term non-payment of millions of dollars of taxes
967) Although carbon dioxide is the bottom of the food chain, John Holdren, Obama’s science adviser, said we should try to get its emissions “close to zero by 2100″
968) Used taxpayers’ money to fund a “blacks only” meeting for the All African People’s Revolutionary Party
969) Lied about the rate of economic growth
970) Eric Schultz, Obama’s Deputy Press Secretary, falsely said “We don’t give concessions to terrorist organizations”
971) The “most transparent administration in history” said it won’t let the public see its 332 page net neutrality plan until after the FCC voted on its implementation
972) Obama’s 332 page net neutrality plan contained excessive levels of taxation and regulation
973) “President Obama’s 2016 budget targets retirement accounts”
974) Tax Policy Center, a liberal think tank, said Obama’s proposed “middle class” tax cut was actually an increase in taxes for the middle class
975) Bill Maher said Obama “… is perhaps the worst president we’ve had on clamping down on the press”
976) George Washington University Law School professor Jonathan Turley said of Obama, “… many of his actions… are violations of his oath of office”
977) Julie Moreno borrowed $14,000 to pay forcataract surgery because her Obamacare policy refused to pay for it
978) Lied about the unemployment rate
979) Instead of deporting illegal aliens, the Obama administration spent taxpayers’ money to give them hormone therapy
980) Illegally gave 982,000 work permits to illegal aliens and other foreign nationals who were not legally qualified for admission
981) Obamacare customer service telephone number connected an Obamacare customer to “someone reading off a script in the Philippines”
982) During the first year that Obamacare was in effect, the percentage of U.S. citizens who said they had trouble affording health care increased from 36% to 46%
983) A year after Obamacare took effect, the New York Times wrote, “For still others, the new fees are so confusing and unsupportable that they just avoid seeing doctors”
984) Although Obamacare gives employers an incentive to reduce their employees’ hours, Obama criticized companies that actually responded to this incentive
985) Falsely said, “There is no reason for an employer who is not currently providing health care to their workers to discourage them from either getting health insurance on the job or being able to avail themselves of the Affordable Care Act.”
986) In February 2015, Democrats who voted for Obamacare complained that people actually had to pay for it
987) “Top teacher” said she resigned because of Obama’s Common Core and Obama’s continuation of Bush’s No Child Left Behind
988) Gave out even more illegal exemptions to Obamacare
989) Sent false tax information to 800,000 Obamacare enrollees
990) Falsely said that “economic grievances” were a cause of terrorism
991) Illegally continued part of his illegal amnesty program even after a federal judge blocked it
992) Department of Energy spent taxpayers’ money on a casino night, a Super Bowl party, a golf tournament, a banquet on a dinner cruise boat, and dinner at the NASCAR Hall of Fame
993) Advised border patrol agents to release drunk drivers
994) Made it possible for illegal aliens to collect back tax refunds even if they had never actually paid any taxes
995) After an Islamic terrorist who murdered four Jews at a kosher supermarket in France said he had specifically targeted them because they were Jewish, Obama falsely said the attack was “random”
996) Broke his promise to release a 28 page document which allegedly proved that the Saudi Arabian government had supported the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks
997) Pressured colleges to adopt sexual harassment rules that were so bad that 28 Harvard Law School professors signed a letter of protest
998) Illegally refused to provide annual reports on ways to reduce the complexity of the tax code
999) Illegally implemented net neutrality rules
1,000) Falsely said there were “nearly 7 million American Muslims in our country”
1,001) Held a fundraiser in the living room of terrorist bomber and communist Bill Ayers
1,002) After Eric Holder participated in a five day takeover of an abandoned ROTC headquarters at Columbia University, Obama hired him to be the country’s highest ranking law enforcement official
1,003) Used taxpayers’ money to refurbish Muslim mosques in other countries
1,004) After Hillary Clinton stole $28,500 of furniture from the White House, Obama hired her to be Secretary of State
1,005) After Hillary Clinton cheated on her taxes, Obama hired her to be Secretary of State
1,006) In her own words, Hillary Clinton, Obama’s Secretary of State, said that her own use of a private email account for official government business had “shredded” the U.S. Constitution
1,007) Falsely said he learned about Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email account “the same time everybody else learned it through news reports”
1,008) The “most transparent administration in history” illegally ignored Freedom of Information requests from Associated Press regarding information on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
1,009) Gave H-1B visas to Southern California Edison so it could fire its American employees and replace them with with foreign workers – the company even had the nerve to order the American employees to train their foreign replacements
1,010) Loretta Lynch, Obama’s nominee for Attorney General, falsely said that illegal aliens have a “right” to work in the U.S.
1,011) Proposed an illegal retroactive tax on corporate income held abroad
1,012) Even though it would be illegal, Josh Earnest, Obama’s Press Secretary, said Obama was “very interested” in raising taxes without approval from Congress
1,013) Spent taxpayers’ money to pay government employees to try to find out how a picture of one of his daughters got on the internet
1,014) Falsely said the Ferguson, Missouri police department was racist because it stopped black drivers at a higher rate than white drivers, which contradicted a report by Obama’s own administration which said the reason black drivers were stopped more often than white drivers was because black drivers were more likely to break the traffic laws
1,015) Falsely said the proposed Keystone XL pipeline “bypasses the United States”
1,016) Proposed a new rule that would falsely define ditches, drains, seasonal puddle-like depressions, intermittent streams, and ponds as “navigable waters”
1,017) “Why This Liberal No Longer Supports Universal Health Care: An Open Letter to President Obama”
1,018) After Senator Hillary Clinton gave taxpayer’s money to someone who donated to her foundation, Obama hired her to be Secretary of State
1,019) After Hillary Clinton falsely said she was “under sniper fire,” Obama hired her to be Secretary of State
1,020) Misquoted the Quran to give the false impression that it did not support murder
1,021) The “most transparent administration in history” refused to say whether or not Hillary Clinton signed a form declaring that she had turned over all work related emails when she quit her job as Secretary of State
1,022) After Wal-Mart board of director member Hillary Clinton refused to criticize Wal-Mart for waging war against unions, Obama hired her to be Secretary of State
1,023) The “most transparent administration in history” “set a new record again for more often than ever censoring government files or outright denying access to them”
1,024) Illegally ignored a Freedom of Information Act request from the ALCU regarding information about airport security
1,025) One of Obama’s professors from Harvard Law School said Obama was “burning the Constitution”
1,026) The “most transparent administration in history” exempted itself from Freedom of Information regulations during the same week that was supposed to be a celebration of the Freedom of Information Act
1,027) Falsely said his net neutrality plan would not allow any new taxes to be placed on the internet
1,028) Obama gave the Medal of Freedom to communist Dolores Huerta, and refused to let an anti-communist hero Lech Walesa into the White House
1,029) Invited illegal aliens, who had previously been deported, to return to the U.S.
1,030) After Obama had been given multiple intelligence briefings about the threat of ISIS, he dismissed the threat by referring to them as a “jayvee team.” However, he later claimed that he had not specifically referred to ISIS as a “jayvee team.”
1,031) Allowed recipients of “stimulus” spending to violate labor laws and tax laws by illegally classifying their employees as independent contractors
1,032) “Despite Obama’s pledge to curb it, NSA mass surveillance wins rubber stamp”
1,033) “Reporters say White House sometimes demands changes to press-pool reports”
1,034) Obama created an “enemies list” which consisted of law abiding U.S. citizens who made large donations to Romney’s campaign. Obama then used the government to harass one of the people on this list.
1,035) Prevented the residents of Mandeville Canyon, California, from traveling so he could have a fundraiser
1,036) Changed a government transparency website to make it very difficult to find information
1,037) Refused to file federal charges against an EEOC employee who had stolen $60,000 in taxpayers’ money
1,038) Allowed the same person to simultaneously work as Hillary Clinton’s chief of staff at the State Department and as a director of Hillary Clinton’s foundation for three years
1,039) Obama forced a woman to give birth in highway traffic instead of in a hospital so he could have a fundraiser
1,040) Illegally gave illegal aliens free airplane flights to enter the U.S.
1,041) Classified Puerto Ricans as “disabled” because they spoke Spanish
1,042) After supporting Obama in both elections, the National Education Association complained that Obamacare’s Cadillac tax would “unfairly cause hardship to American workers and their families”
1,043) One day after Obama said he would remove Cuba from the U.S. State Sponsors of Terror list, a Cuban sponsored terrorist organization murdered 10 people and injured 17
1,044) When Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State, Obama allowed Russians who donated to her foundation to buy American uranium
1,045) Obama refused to fire Secretary of State Hillary Clinton after she broke her promise to publish all donors to her foundation
1,046) Obama refused to fire Secretary of State Hillary Clinton after she broke her promise to let the State Department review all new or increased donations to her foundation from foreign governments
1,047) Obama refused to fire Secretary of State Hillary Clinton after her foundation lied on its tax returns about donations from foreign governments
1,048) The “most transparent administration in history” ignored ten consecutive questions about Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s foundation
1,050) Under Commander-in-Chief Obama, male ROTC cadets were ordered to wear women’s high heeled shoes while marching in public
1,051) Burned more than 9,000 gallons of fossil fuel so he could tell other people to reduce their own use of fossil fuel
1,052) Broke his promise to slow the rise of the oceans
1,053) Used falsified environmental data to force an 80-year-old oyster farming business to shut down
1,054) Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gave tax dollars to Laureate University at the same time the university gave an estimated one million dollars in “speaking fees” to her husband, Bill Clinton
1,055) “181 Clinton Foundation donors who lobbied Hillary’s State Department”
1,056) Companies that donated to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s foundation were given contracts from the U.S. government to help Haiti after its 2010 earthquake
1,057) Although Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s brother had no background in mining, he was placed on the board of a Haitian mining company that received funding from U.S. taxpayers
1,058) Used U.S. taxpayers’ money to help the Haitian government force landowners off their land at gunpoint, and to bulldoze their crops
1,059) Falsely said that Caracol Industrial Park in Haiti would have 65,000 jobs after he gave it money from U.S. taxpayers
1,060) Falsely said, “As president I will recognize the Armenian genocide”
1,061) Continued Bush’s illegal use of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act to prosecute a fisherman who had thrown undersize fish back into the water
1,062) One of the illegal drug possessing, gang member, illegal aliens that Obama illegally gave amnesty to, later went on to murder four people
1,063) In March 2015, Democratic U.S. Senators who voted for Obamacare made yet another complaint about Obamacare, and asked for yet another delay to it
Now some of these may strike an honest person as a trivial mistake, omission, or difference of opinion. But it’s supremely important to know how tall a stack of 1000 Big Macs really is.
The urge to believe in something can be so great that people can sincerely see things that aren’t there. The social media obsession with racism and toxic masculinity eventually turned the Covington boy’s “smirking faces” into the new Evil Clown sighting of 2019.
However that may be it is worth considering that the Covington incident — like the Evil Clowns — was simply an instance of mass hysteria — something we psyched ourselves into seeing. All you need is a compelling narrative and a susceptible audience willing to believe the tale and you can have an online version of Orson Welles’ War of the Worlds where the skit about a Martian invasion was taken as fact.
THE LEFT INSISTS WE ALL FIGHT THOSE INVISIBLE UNKNOWABLE EVILS OF PATRIARCHY, PRIVILEGE AND MICRO AGGRESSIONS. IS IT ANY SURPRISE THE RESULT IS HYSTERIA? The Evil Clowns.
[guest post by Dana] Rashaad Thomas, a veteran of the U.S. Air Force, poet and essayist has opined that a photograph hanging in a Phoenix restaurant that captures coal miners with their soot-blackened faces sharing a beer after work made him feel threatened: … Then a photograph caught my attention.
***** As of now, I will no longer tolerate any clothing featuring the hammer and sickle. The hammer and sickle is the symbol of a totalitarian ideology that has murdered millions since its conception. The very sight of this iconography triggers me to such a degree that I feel perfectly justified abusing total strangers who’ve made the choice to wear it on their bodies.
Source: A Thought Experiment
The truth is comparatively boring: According to the United Nations climate science panel’s latest major report, if we do absolutely nothing to stop climate change, the impact will be the equivalent to a reduction in our incomes of between 0.2 percent and 2 percent five decades from now.
Yet by the 2070s, personal incomes will be some 300 percent to 500 percent higher than they are today.
Far from the “end of the world,” the impact of warming is what we’d expect from roughly a single economic recession taking place over the next half-century.
Many of us question how this could be true when we are constantly told that extreme weather is wreaking ever-greater devastation. In fact, research shows that extreme weather is having a rather minimal economic effect.
Since 1990, the cost associated with extreme weather worldwide has actually declined, to 0.25 percent of the global gross domestic product, from 0.30 percent.
Green fretting about Armageddon is nothing new, of course. In the 1960s, mainstream environmentalists worried that the world was running out of food.
In the 1980s, acid rain was going to destroy the planet’s forests. There were good reasons for concern, but a panicked response led to a poor, overly expensive response.
We need to get smarter. Climate change is a problem but not the end of the world. The United States now has little or no federal climate policy, which is inexcusable.
But almost every other nation is making climate proclamations that would impose huge costs for rather paltry gains.
This approach has failed to deliver progress against climate change for decades. We should instead embrace ingenuity and innovation and spend far more on green-energy research and development.
If we push the price of green energy below fossil fuels through innovation, everyone will switch.
If Ocasio-Cortez had stuck to the facts, she would have said: “The world is going to see costs worth about 1 percent of GDP in 50 years if we don’t address climate change — and your biggest issue is how to pay for it?”
Well, yes: We need to make sure our solution doesn’t cost more than the problem. If we look at the science and stop believing the end of the world is nigh, our decisions will be much smarter.
The LAPD crime statistics for 2016 are available online, and a quick glance at them reveals that West Los Angeles Division, which patrols Brentwood and Pacific Palisades, saw 538 violent crimes reported that year. Northeast Division, which includes Silver Lake and Los Feliz, saw 952. But in 77th Street Division, in South Los Angeles, police responded to 3,368 violent crimes in 2016, including 45 homicides, 1,238 robberies, and 1,938 aggravated assaults, a disparity that goes unaddressed in the Times story.
And there’s more. The LAPD’s 2017 Homicide Report, for example, looks at the 171 murder suspects identified in the city that year. Of these, 3 were Asian, 11 were white, 69 were black, and 84 were Hispanic. So, if we assume homicide statistics to be reflective of other violent crime in the city (and they are), we see that Hispanics offend at rates about equal to their share of the population, whites and Asians at rates less than their share, and blacks at rates greater than theirs. Yes, blacks make up just 9 percent of the population of Los Angeles, but in 2017, 40 percent of the city’s identified homicide suspects were black.
And yet, in the apparent opinion of the Los Angeles Times, police officers whose job it is to stem the tide of violent crime in the city should ignore these facts and indeed cocoon themselves in the same ignorance as that displayed on the pages of the Times when these issues are addressed.
JACK DUNPHY: L.A. Times Continues Its Attacks on LAPD Officers, Decrying Racial Disparities in Police Stops .