1. They are lying to us again . This Tablet article really captures the loss of trust in the official media : Imagine you’re a normal person. The year is 2016. Rightly or wrongly, you believe most of what you see in the media. You believe polls are broadly reflective of public opinion.
2. Anecdotal Evidence is All Most People Believe
This is not specific to medicine. Almost everyone puts more credence in personal experience than reports and statistics, especially when it is reported by the liars discussed in #1.
3. Antivax sentiment is strong. There has been a lot of it for years, and antisocial media has spread it faster than COVID. Yet the antisocial media companies try to suppress differing opinions.
4. Hostility to Big Pharma has been strong for a long time, with lots of claims that their greed caused them to push expensive treatments to the detriment of cheaper ones. (This is likely true. They are suppressing a one pill cure for cancer? No. The insurers would not tolerate that.) But so many people on the left hollered about how greedy Big Pharma is, that many people now see the vaccine makers as cashing in on a problem, especially because some alternatives are being or have been used with varying levels of success. The Rolling Stone ivermectin fraud just adds #1 to #4.
5. The politicization of the issues.
6. Changing Truths
At the start, we were told masks would do no good for the general population; then everyone needed to wear masks.
The lockdown would be a few weeks to get medical system capacity past the peak, then it became indefinite.
7. “My Body, My Choice”
8. I Do Not Follow My Own Rules
Source: Vaccine Hesitancy. Why?