Additionally, here are just a few questions Pelosi’s inquisition should answer:
1) Why were requests made by USCP, a federal agency under the purview of Congress, for extra security ahead of January 6 denied?
2) Why did law enforcement including USCP and D.C. Metro Police show up wearing full riot gear including gas masks and batons?
3) Who authorized police to attack the peaceful crowd with flashbangs, sting balls, and tear gas around 1:00 p.m.?
4) Have any police officers been charged with assault?
5) Who seeded the lie that Brian Sicknick was killed in the line of duty and who told the New York Times he was murdered by a Trump mob with a fire extinguisher?
6) Did any FBI agents or informants infiltrate groups such as the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, and Three Percenters before January 6?
7) Who were the officers caught on tape allowing protesters into the building?
8) Who opened the doors on the upper west terrace at approximately 2:30 p.m. at the direction of an unknown USCP officer?
9) How much damage did the building sustain? The architect of the Capitol originally claimed $30 million in damages. But in court filings, the government claims the building only sustained about $1.5 million in damages.
10) On January 7, Pelosi called the Capitol riot an “armed insurrection?” How many people have been charged with carrying a firearm into the building?
11) Why was Pelosi’s son-in-law reporting from the scene that day?
12) How many Americans have been charged with sedition?
13) How many Americans remain incarcerated under pre-trial detention orders awaiting delayed trials that won’t start until next year?
14) Who authorized the opening of the “pod” in the D.C. Correctional Treatment Facility jail to house January 6 defendants specifically?
15) Are there reports of mental and physical abuse of January 6 detainees by D.C. prison guards, including solitary confinement conditions for months on end and lack of access to defense lawyers?
16) How much money is being spent on the various investigations into January 6?
17) Should social media companies including Facebook and Twitter be criminally charged for allowing protesters to organize the “insurrection” on their platforms?
18) Who are the anonymous “proud members of the United State Capitol Police” threatening to withhold security from members of Congress who did not support a commission?
19) How many “white supremacists” have been identified by law enforcement?
20) Who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt?
It’s unlikely, of course, that Pelosi’s truth-seeking mission will result in anything more than reheated political spin, recriminations, and fuel for nonstop media attention. But Americans, and Republican leaders including Donald Trump, should keep asking legitimate questions and demanding truthful answers.