1. The AR stands for Armalite Rifle (not assault rifle) because the gun was developed by a company called “Armalite.”
2. It is not an “assault rifle.”
3. It’s not a machine gun either. It’s semi-automatic. One trigger squeeze gets you one commie stopper.
4. They are not used in a majority of mass shootings.
5. The Assault Weapons ban of 1994 didn’t keep ONE rifle from being made. It just called for certain gun modifications, like no lug for a bayonet (you know, to curb all the mass bayonet murders), no high-cap mags, flash suppressors, collapsible stocks, and no pistol grips.
6. Big, scary AR-15s actually come in many pretty colors. Great Lakes Fire Arms makes one in black cherry. You can find them in camo pink.
7. More people are murdered every year by edged weapons (knives, swords, Ginsus, etc.) than by ALL rifles combined (ARs, hunting, Civil War reenactors, etc.).
8. More people are murdered every year by feet and fists (Kung Fu, Krav Maga, punches) than by ALL rifles combined.
Source: AR-15 facts