Sheryl Attkisson writes that Democrats seem determined to shoot themselves in the foot.
Here are 10 big-ticket causes that have put Democrats largely on the wrong side of most Americans ahead of the midterm elections:
- Support of sanctuary cities. Most Americans, even Hispanics, oppose sanctuary cities.
- Blaming “racism” for everything. Overuse of the term makes it lose its meaning. If everyone is racist, then nobody is.
- Silencing certain views. Many people who aren’t particularly political understand the dangers of censorship and will step up to oppose it.
- Opposing border enforcement. About 80 percent of Americans support secure borders. They also oppose “open borders” and want a border wall.
- Backing those who kneel for the American flag. A majority of Americans say it’s “never appropriate to kneel for the flag” or to kneel for the National Anthem. Eight in 10 say it’s “never appropriate to burn an American flag.”
- Impeaching President Trump. First, it was for Russia. Now, it’s over taxes. But most Americans oppose impeaching Trump. (It’s not even close.)
- Abolishing ICE. Even most Democrats oppose doing away with Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- Chasing Republicans out of restaurants. The imagery transforms people such as GOP senators Mitch McConnell of Kentucky and Ted Cruz of Texas into sympathetic figures under assault from unreasonable mobs.
- The Kavanaugh chaos. The fight over the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh highlighted multiple tactics that many find objectionable: the weaponization of #MeToo, mob behavior, a guilty-until-proven-innocent mentality. It also gave Republicans the opportunity to fight back strongly (for once) and win, in a way for which their constituents had long thirsted.
- Illegal immigration caravan. Whoever may have thought that a “caravan” of people from Central America overrunning the Mexican border, on their way to demand entry to the United States, would be anything other than a motivator for the majority of Americans who support border enforcement — that person fails to understand all of the above.
This piece also mentions the #WalkAway movement.
Even some liberals have been so turned off by radical elements that it has prompted a movement to leave the Democratic Party, called #walkaway.
Sure, Liberals are saying the movement is all Russian Bots. Well, maybe some of the entries are Russian bots, but if they are, I have a feeling they wound up seeding the area, and giving a place for people who have gotten fed up to say #metoo.